My Terminal and Shell Setup for macOS, where I live all day. Most can easily be replicated in Linux and Windows.
NOTE: This is a Work In Progress. Signup for my Docker and DevOps Newsletter to get updates when I build this into more of a tutorial, and add a free video walkthrough of setup, planned for Summer 2017.
- Terminal: iTerm2 on macOS, ConEmu for Windows
- Color Theme: GruvBox iTerm2 & Vim Color Theme (with light and dark mode for both)
- Shell: Oh-My-Zsh shell
- Shell Editor: vim 8.x (macvim) or neovim (install via homebrew)
- VIM Distrobution: SpaceVim makes good feature-rich defaults (works with both vim/nvim)
- GUI Editor: Visual Studio Code (For me, it replaced Atom last year and I never looked back)
- Sauce Code Pro Font with Powerline support in VIM.
- True Color enabled in iTerm2, Zsh, and Vim
- Italics enabled in iTerm/Vim
- Custom Zsh prompt with "presentation mode" option
- Tmux for shell session management/persistence (most of this stuff works in Tmux)
- Mosh for better SSH that auto-reconnects and uses UDP for slow/laggy/lossy
- SilverSearcher for better Shell Code/Text Search